Friday, December 6, 2013

Birthdays!


My dad and I celebrate our birthdays one week apart.
This year was special.  My dad turned 60....me...28.
Oh wait, that's not right.  I turned 37.
Good Lord, where have the past 10 years gone?

Any hoo....
I was blessed to celebrate my birthday with my siblings, my parents and my grandparents.
Isn't that so VERY COOL!
It's a good lookin crew, that's for sure (especially that hottie in the front!!). 
Too bad the lighting was so fabulous (grrrr!!!)






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was kind of 'strange' to say my dad turned 60.  Don't know why exactly, but think it's because he will always be young in my heart.
I've always had so much fun with him.  He has a great sense of humor and a HUGE heart.  He KNOWS how to have a good time!
He taught me how to work hard and how important family is.
There are very few experiences/memories that I have that don't include him.
He's always been my rock.
His children mean the world to him and he would do anything for anyone of us....no matter what.
It's pretty awesome.  And I'm very blessed.
 
I'm also very blessed to have celebrated another year.
Time goes just too quickly, but 36 to 37 was full of highs, low, surprises and JOY.
My blessings cannot be described in sentences, or paragraphs.....
My husband, my children, my health, the health of pretty much all of our family, my grandparents, our home, my friends, our opportunities, etc. etc. etc.
Seriously....My Cup (Heart) Runneth Over!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Nice looking group! Happy, happy birthday to you and G! You don't look a day over 28. ;) Keep that joyful outlook going!

SDI said...

Love this family picture! Always so great to capture a moment with photo! Happy Birthday to you and G! What fun times and memories!