Tuesday, February 11, 2014

CHD Awareness -- Day 5

The overwhelming feeling that I had during my son's CHD journey was that I felt alone.
Thank the Lord, I had my husband, my family, my cousin, my friends...but I didn't have anyone who 'knew' what I was going through.
Who 'knew' what it was like to have a heart baby.
Who could truly, from first hand experience feel the way I did.

Then Kitty and Heart Heroes entered my life.
It's nearly impossible for me to sum up what that has meant to me and how it has impacted my life.
(and I'm sure you don't want to read the novel that I would write if I attempted to put it all down and I'm intentionally trying to be brief!)

First and foremost, I found heart moms.  Moms who 'knew'.
I also found a forum for me to understand and advocate for CHD children, families and awareness.
But probably the most important, I found a passion.

I always said after EIV's surgery and when he received a completely 'clean' bill of health, that the most important thing was for me to give back.  Heart Heroes has allowed me to do that in ways I never could have imagined.

It's important for  me to share with anyone that is affected by CHD in any way that YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!
There is a large heart community in our country there to support and love you.
Of course, I'm completely biased, but Heart Heroes is the BEST place to find those people who 'know'!
Check out our website: http://heartheroes.org
Or find us on Facebook
Or simply give me a call.
 

No comments: